- Masahiro Nagayasu
- General Manager
- Investor Relations
Released on May 19, 2023, in Kyoto, Japan
Nidec Corporation (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”) has held an opening ceremony for new factories in Novi Sad,Republic of Serbia (hereinafter referred to as“Serbia”)
1. Opening ceremony overview
【Date】: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 10:00-12:00（local time）
【Venue】: Novi Sad city, Serbia
【Main Attendees】: Aleksandar Vučić, President of the Republic of Serbia
Tetsuya Tsubota, Charge d'Affaires a.i., Embassy of Japan in the Republic of Serbia
Mitsuya Kishida, Senior Managing Executive Officer, Nidec Corporation
Takashi Furuhashi, President and CEO, Nidec Elesys Co., Ltd
Toshiki Saito, Chairman and Executive Officer, Nidec Elesys Co., Ltd. President, Nidec Elesys Europe
Yasuki Kawasaka, President, Nidec Electric Motor Serbia Co., Ltd.
2. Background and concept of the opening of the new factories
In response to the tightening of environmental regulations in Europe and stricter CO2 emission regulations for automobiles in major countries, the demand for our automotive motors and inverters and ECUs is expanding, and in order to build an efficient supply system in Europe, new factories are to be established in Serbia as a centralized base for the Nidec Group's production activities, and multiple businesses of the Group companies are scheduled to expand into the local area in the future. This project is also in line with the "Western Balkans Cooperation Initiative" that the Japanese government is working on in Serbia and other regions, and we have received a great deal of support from both the governements of Japan and Serbia.
Nidec Electric Motor Serbia plans to mass-produce automotive motors, and Nidec Elesys Europe plans to mass-produce automotive inverters and ECUs. We will strengthen recruitment activities, mainly for technical personnel, and contribute to the revitalization of the regional economy the Novi Sad surrounding area in Serbia.
With the future view of mass production of the "E-Axle" traction motor system for electric vehicles in Europe, we are also promoting activities to attract suppliers and we will build an industrial cluster of automotive motors for the European market.
3．New factories in Serbia
1. Company name: Nidec Electric Motor Serbia LLC
2. Scope of business: Manufacture and sale of automotive motors and related products
3. New factory address: Ratno ostrvo 8A, Novi Sad, Serbia (about 90 km northwest of the capital Belgrade)
4. Number of employees: 1,000 (applies only to Phase 1 of the factory construction)
5. Total site area: 59,760 m2
1. Company name: Nidec Elesys Europe LLC
2. Scope of business: Manufacture and sale of inverters and ECUs for automobiles
3. Construction site of the new plant: Novi Sad city (about 90 km northwest of the capital Belgrade)
4. Number of employees: 200 (applies only to Phase 1 of the factory construction)
5. Total site area: 36,000 m2