SMART 2030 to Constantly Reduce the Total CO2 Emissions by 30% by FY2030
In 2019, Nidec launched SMART 2030, a project to address the global “decarbonization” trend, which sets forth qualitative and quantitative goals based on our climate change actions while anticipating our FY2030 goal by constantly monitoring progress toward it.
Nidec has in place two pillars to achieve the goal, i.e., “Make our businesses more energy-efficient,” and “Adopt renewable energies actively.”
*Operational CO2 emissions: Scope 1 (direct emissions from owned or controlled sources) and Scope 2 (indirect emissions from the generation of purchased energy)
*Base year of the quantitative target: FY2017
Priority measures to achieve the goal
- ･LED lighting for new facilities
- ･Energy-saving air conditioning
- ･AI-backed manufacturing processes
Nidec Sankyo Corporation employees check the
Nidec Tosok (Vietnam) Co., Ltd.’s air conditioning equipment
- ･Purchase renewable electricity directly from power suppliers
- ･Purchase certified renewable electricity using a Green Power Certification System
- ･Generate renewable electricity using solar panels, etc.
Solar panels installed on the roof Nidec (Zhejiang) Corporation’s building
Nidec Research and Development Center, Japan