The Nidec Group Social Media Policy
The Policy was established in April 2017.
Nidec Corporation and its group companies in and outside Japan (“the Nidec Group”) hereby define as follows the “Nidec Group Social Media Policy (“the Policy”)” regarding the operations of the Nidec Group’s official social media accounts (the “official social media accounts”) and the participation by the Nidec Group’s executives and employees (“Nidec Group employees, etc.”) in other social media, and ensures that Nidec Group employees, etc. comply with the Policy.
The attitude of Nidec Group employees, etc. when participating in social media
Nidec Group employees, etc. behave moderately and sensibly while participating in social media by:
- 1.Complying with applicable laws and regulations, as well as applicable internal rules such as individual Nidec Group companies’ “Work Regulations,” the Policy, and “the Nidec Group Social Media Guidelines;”
- 2.Listening attentively to the participants of the Nidec Group’s official social media accounts, and providing them with information actively to make their participation valuable for them;
- 3.Understanding that social media is a place of individual-based communications, that the media is open to the general public, and that information, once released, cannot be retracted completely;
- 4.Following the rules and regulations of individual social media services launched and run by third parties, and respecting the cultures and manners of these services; and
- 5.Respecting third parties’ intellectual property rights, right to privacy, honor, and other rights.
For social media users
The Nidec Group’s official social media accounts are:
The statements made by Nidec Group employees, etc. or those associated with them on any of the Nidec Group’s official social media accounts are not official announcements or expression of views of the Nidec Group. The Nidec Group’s official announcements and views will be released on its website or in the form of news release, etc.
The above Policy was established in April 2017.